Saturday, July 20, 2013

My New Chickens

 


 
These are not my chickens. They are too cute to be mine. I found this picture on Pinterest.


 Don't you think they are cute?
 
I have 4 chickens. One rooster and 3 hens.
 
My dad spent about 3 days building their little coop. It is quite cute. They love it but they also like to run free.
 
 
Can you see how skinny he is? He is still very young and needs to put on some weight. His name is French Toast.
 
 

 
Here you can see all four of them in action. They may not be the prettiest chickens but they are full of character. We were first afraid to let them out of their coop because I have two naughty Jack Russels and two cats. The cats and dogs were very inquisitive at first but now they are one happy family. WE ARE FAMILY!!!
 
 
 

This is OD. He is the naughtiest one of all. He does not stop making a noise. He constantly wants you to throw a stick or ball for him. It drives me mad. He is Milo's dad.

 


 
In this picture, you can see little Milo. She is really a cutie. She just runs after OD all the time. They love the beach. More on them and the cats on a another post.

 
 
I have been learning about chickens in my homeschooling. It is very interesting to see how many different types of chickens there are. I also learned about the Egg. Did you know? that you don't need a rooster for a hen to lay an egg. You only need his help if you want chicks. The rooster will fertilize the egg to produce chicks. I found this really cool lapbook at Homeschool share blog. You can find it here. http://www.homeschoolshare.com/blog/2013/06/chicken-lapbook-pictures/
 
Thanks for reading my post.
 
Please leave a comment. I love to hear what you have to say.
 
 
 
Jigaboo In The Dale
 





16 comments:

  1. Nice to meet your chickens, and I remember OD! Eggs are on of my favorite foods - Omo and I have a boiled egg for supper every Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Grandpa John. Thank you for sending a comment. I forgot to mention the other chickens names. They are French Toast, Scramble, Omelete and Fry. I love mine fried.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my Princess. I love your story. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mom. I love you a lot. Thanks for being such a great mom.

      Delete
  4. Hi! I love your blog! I am really excited to see more posts!
    Amelia
    agrphotographyjustmeandmycamera.blogspot.com
    walkingtowashington.blogspot.com
    peacelovehopediabetes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thanks. I will keep an eye out for more of yours too

      Delete
  5. Love your stories about the chickens. It looks as if they have grown a bit since I last saw them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks nana . I really appreciate it. Love you very much

      Delete
  6. Do the three still chase the other one away?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Such a cool story. I heard so much about your chickens, its great to finally see some pictures. Keep us posted on their progress. OD and milo look too cute too.

    love you lots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you aunty Michelle. Will keep you posted. Miss you guys

      Delete
  8. Very interesting post Jiggaboo. I used to have 3 chickens - one of them was a rescue chicken that came from a battery farm after she was too old for them to keep. But she loved to come sit on my knee and 'talk' to me!
    Looking forward to hearing more about the cats and dogs.
    Julie from www.homeschooling-ideas.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chickens! You wont believe it! I have chickens also. You can see some posts about it on my blog. Visit it at http://slaymay.blogspot.com/2012/08/we-got-chickens_27.html
    also visit http://slaymay.blogspot.com/2012/10/new-chickens.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello sweetie pie next door neighbour person - I see your chickens are growing and growing and have found a hole in the fence which means John or I have to run out and clap hands and shout 'shoo' to make them go home, unless they want to leave an egg or two :) .... Love you much Eli and John and Granny Shack xx

    ReplyDelete